The Buffalo and Niagara County Building & Construction Trades Councils amplifies the voices of the members of its 18 constituent unions.
President of Buffalo Building Trades Council and the Niagara Building Trades Council
Paul brown became a member of OPCMIA in 1984 when he joined plasterers local 9. After a number of years in the field Brown became the business manager for local union no 9 succeeding his late father.
Paul has overseen many high profile projects in the buffalo area. He serves as president of both the buffalo building trades council and the Niagara building trades council. He is a member of the western New York regional council, the cataract tourism fund, and the power proceeds committee.
Paul and his wife Judy live in North Tonawanda NY. They have six children and ten grandchildren.
Business Manager of Iron Workers Local 6 Buffalo, NY
Born, raised, and lived in Buffalo NY since 1958.
Joined lron Workers Local #6 in 1979 as an apprentice, became a journeyman in 1981. Became an officer of lronloc #6 Corp in 1986, an Executive board member in 1989, Vice President in 1996, and President in 2001. Currently serving as Business Manager since 2010.
• Apprentice Coordinator of Local from 2001 to 2O14 and Trustee on Pension and Health Care funds since 2001.
• Executive board member of the lron Workers District Council of New York since 2001 and served as Trustee. Current 3rd Vice President of Council.
• Serves on the Executive council of the ALF
• Board member of Buffalo Urban Development Council
• Has served on the Executive Board of the Buffalo Building Trades since 2010 and has served as Recording Secretary/ Treasurer since 2017.
Business Manager, FS/T of Iron Workers Local 9 Niagara Falls, NY
Scott Brydges is the Business Manager, FS/T of Iron Workers Local 9 Niagara Falls, NY and has been a member of that local since 1998.
He completed a 4 year apprenticeship with Iron Workers Local 9. Scott has held positions with the Iron Workers such as Union Steward, Delegate to Iron Workers NYS District Council, Executive Board Member, Vice President and was elected Business Manager / Financial Secretary / Treasurer in 2012.
Other current boards or organizations that Scott works with is as follows.
• Niagara County Building Trades – Secretary / Treasurer
• NYS Iron Workers District Council – Vice President / Delegate
• WNY Iron Workers District Council - Trustee. Pension, Welfare, Annuity Funds
• Niagara Orleans Career and Tech Center – Advisory Committee, Welding Program
• Niagara County Industrial Development Agency – Member
• LEAP Organization - Building Trades Rep.
The Buffalo Building & Construction Trades Council plays a major role in improving the quality of life of not only our members, but the entire WNY community. By ensuring decent wages and benefits for our members, they may provide for themselves and their families, so that we may all take pride in being united by the common goal of a future we can all be proud of.